Thursday, August 6, 2009

Hair

I just have a few comments on hair. I am to the point of just wanting to shave my head bald and wear a wig. My hair is so thick and heavy, and in the summer it gets really hot and sweaty. I am ready for a haircut, but I hesitate until it cools down, because at this point I can at least pull it up off of my neck, but that is part of the problem. I always pull it up in a ponytail. That seems to be my standard hairdo as of late. I have resorted to constantly having "mom hair". Now there isn't anything wrong with an occasional "mom hair" day. but when it is an everyday occurrence, there seems to be a problem. I don't even have bangs left, just really long hair that all gets pulled back. I even seem to have it pulled back for church, or other outings (my outings mostly consist of church). No one gets to see my hair down anymore. It is just too hot, and on top of that, the humidity here makes it a little frizzy, so my beautiful straight hair, isn't really straight anymore.
I am thinking of cutting it short, but that brings another issue. Short hair requires more work. You wouldn't think so, but it does. Depending on the style, you have to primp and preen and blow dry, where with the long hair I can put it in a ponytail while it is still wet. Of course they wet ponytail will still be wet when I take it down at night. I am in a no win situation at this point, and I just don't know what to do.
Break out the razor!!!

No comments: