Thursday, September 17, 2009

Busy, busy, busy!!!

So I have been sewing like crazy lately. I am gearing up to do a craft show with some friends in a couple of weeks, and I have been trying to get things made to sell.
These first bags are actually what I made for a friends little girls birthday party. They are 41/2" goodie bags for her spa party. I made 15 of these.

Next I have pencil rolls. These each hold 12 colored pencils and roll up nice and tight and fasten with an elastic and button. they can be stowed in a backpack, or diaper bag, and don't take up much room.


These 2 purses I made for my friends daughters. They both have birthday's in September, and she wanted them each to have one. The insides are lined, and they have a total of 8 pockets.

This first bag is a lunch bag I made for Mackenzie. It is made with insulated batting to help keep her food colder longer.
I made a bunch of travel pillows. They are about 12x 16 and have a handle for convenient carrying. They also have a pocket that is big enough to hold a paperback book, or nintendo DS. These came in really handy for my kids travels this summer.
I am making travel checker boards to go along with the Tea sets and race tracks that I made earlier. These will fold up into a cute little carrying bag, and have coordinating wooden checkers to go with them.


My friend Valerie's baby boy Reuben just had surgery to remove a cancerous tumor from his shoulder. He needed some "easy on" shirts to wear, so I made a couple of Kimono style tops for him (Bottoms for 1).
Add ImageI liked the Kimono tops, so I made a pair of jammies for Jackson. I used the leftover fabric pieces to make this quilt top and pillow top. The backs are made of extra soft plush minky fabric. I haven't decided if Jackson will get the blanket and pillow too, or just the jammies. I call it the "Crazy Turtle" set.

Anyway, I was sewing so much, that I killed my sewing machine, and had to buy a new one. So now I can sew even more.
I have been sewing on and off since mom taught us as youngsters, and learning in 4-H and Home Ec, but I have never considered myself much of a sewing person, but I have decided to accept that I am good at it, and maybe I can utilize this talent to benefit my family some. I have opened an online shop (www.steffistuff.etsy.com ) and am starting to do a few craft shows, and such. If I can earn a little money to help my family out, then I will become that "sewing person". Help me out and check out my shop.

2 comments:

Elise and Lane said...

Way to go Stephanie! That is totally awesome all the projects you've done, and that you have an etsy shop now! I'll have to go check it out!

Elise and Lane said...

ps You should totally put up some pencil/crayon holders and those cute mini bags on your etsy shop! I love them!